Updated 10 November 2005
The following principles apply to the personally identifying information we ask for and that you provide. "Personally identifying information" is information that individually identifies you, such as your name, or email address.
- We may collect information that doesn't directly identify the people using our site. This includes Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your query and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- In order to register to post stories at Lunaescence.com, you must at least submit a penname, a valid, working e-mail address, and a password that you will use to log into your account. Registering is not necessary if you only wish to read, comment, or rate stories.
- A cookie is a small file containing a brief amount of information that is sent to your computer when you visit our Web site. We mainly use these to track those who have voted in our polls, visitors to our archive, and to keep members logged on in the archive. To our knowledge, these do not store any personally identifiable information.
- We will not share any personally identifing information with anyone, for any reason, whatsoever unless we have your permission.
- The only reasons we will share this information is if A. We have your permission or B. We are required by law.
- All e-mail addresses are hidden by default. Users may disclose their e-mail address in their profile if they choose to do so, but they're doing it at their own risk.
- When submitting necessary update e-mails, we will hide all user addresses. We will soon be providing a way to even opt of these notices.
- Access to this information is limited to site staff who need it in order to maintain, develop, and/or improve our services
Updating your Information
- Users can display links outside of Lunaescence.com in the User Profile. We have no control over these links and cannot offer any guarantees on their content.