Before you get too excited and run away to post, let me just say that the queue is still locked. I know we said we’d put up the announcements when the queue unlocked, but it’s taking us a little longer than we planned.
While you’re waiting, have some featured stories! The theme is gaming.
A Handful of Bullet Shells
by DragonSilk (Yu-Gi-Oh!, 17+)
A Realistic Pokémon Adventure
by Penguiduck (Pokemon, 13+)
Into the Legend of Zelda
by perfect-to-stay (Legend of Zelda, 13+)
King of Nothing
by Rei (Dragon Age: Origins, 13+)
Necessities of Life
by Miss Chocobo (Death Note, 13+)
by MissMurder (Final Fantasy 7, 17+)
Congratulations to our nominated authors!
The theme for the next month will be “books” in celebration of Banned Books Week. You can nominate something in this forum thread
Now, for our announcements.
1) The author validation policy for if you have been previously denied has changed
. Please see this thread in the forum
for the new rules.
2) In order to help reduce the wait time for story validation, in some cases, we may be sending more generalized rejection letters that contain just a list of the types of errors found in the story. We will reserve these kinds of letters only for stories in which we feel it would be more efficient not to go into detailed explanations. If you receive a list and need clarification on anything, feel free to email the moderator back for details. We will do our best to avoid sending these types of letters, but we would like you all to be aware of them.
3) Looking over the queue, we’ve noticed a few stories with typos that could have been caught by a beta reader. We have a section of the forum dedicated to helping writers find a beta. If you’re interested in finding a beta or helping someone go over their work, you can find it here
4) If you email any of the moderators or the group email account, please don’t forget to include your Luna username.
We can’t help you if we don’t know who you are, and trying to figure it out based on your email or IP wastes time that we could have spent solving your problem.
5) One of our very own authors, Relocation, has now been published! Congratulations to her! Here’s what she has to say about it (please note that it is adult material
There's an author bio here
My short story 'Changing Swell' was released in Pink Petal Books' Boys of Summer
anthology on July 5th, 2012 and is available on their website, on Amazon, at Barnes and Noble (at least online), and a few other places, both as ebook or paperback. The story alone will be released on ebook. The story is basically a coming-of-age self-discovery plot buried under fluffy romance and so on.
"On holiday between college terms, Jason spends a vacation with his friends, in hopes of surfing Tofino waves. But when he meets Casey, a cocky and handsome surfer, Jason learns more about himself in a few short days than in a lifetime. How will he handle the struggle with his sexuality-or his imminent departure? If he can't come to terms with Casey, he may be left in the shallows."