Description: You know the drill. I saw some challenges like this, so I wanted to put together one of my own. Unfortunately, I’m not huge into music, so it proved a bit difficult to find fifty songs with usable lyrics. Hopefully I still managed a bit of variety.
1. Any fandom, any characters, any point of view, any sort of pairing or lack thereof.
2. I don’t really care what you do with the prompts. Want to quote them? Fine. Want to use them as a general idea? Fine. Think the prompt is a little long and want to shave it down? Fine. Want to look up the rest of the song and use it as a song fic? Also fine!
3. Write your responses as long or as short as you want. This can be a collection or a whole story. It’s up to you.
4. Feel free to do these in any order you desire.
5. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. My details can be found on my profile.
1. “So your tears fell and melted the snow. You told me secrets nobody had known, but I never loved you more even though now I knew what you did.” –Oh My Dear, Tenth Avenue North
2. “You’re a liar, but I’m a coward, so I can’t throw a stone. We’re so imperfect, but so worth it, because we’re not alone.” –We Fall Apart, We As Human
3. “Times will be bad, times will be good; things I wish I hadn’t done and some I wish I would.” –American Noise, Skillet
4. “It’s been fun, but now I’ve got to go. Life is way too short to take it slow, but before I go and hit the road, I gotta know ‘til then: When can I see you again?” –When Can I See You Again?, Owl City
5. “You act like you don’t know me when you see me on the street, acting like I turn you off when I know you think I’m sweet.” –Why Not?, Hilary Duff
6. “Guess what? I'm not a robot, a robot. Can you teach me how to feel real? Can you turn my power off?”—I Am Not a Robot, Marina and the Diamonds
7. “Only know you've been high when you're feeling low. Only hate the road when you’re missin' home. Only know you love her when you let her go, and you let her go.” –Let Her Go, Passenger
8. “Come with me now. Look and see how there’s an ocean overflowing with our hope. So let’s jump in and take a swim. It’s you and me forever.” –One Drop, Plumb
9. “Sometimes I, I just want to close my eyes and act like everyone's alright, when I know they're not.”—I Refuse, Josh Wilson
10. “I couldn’t understand. You wouldn’t take my hand. I watched you fall into the ocean below.”—Overboard, Manafest
11. “And we started at zero and went different ways, now we're all out here wasting away. And if we started at zero, then how did things change? Seems like just yesterday things were the same.” –Zero, Hawk Nelson
12. “In the end, everyone ends up alone. Losing her, the only one who’s ever known who I am, who I’m not, who I wanna be.” –You Found Me, The Fray
13. “Lonely and forgotten, never thought she’d look my way, and she smiled at me and held me, just like she used to do. Like she loved me, when she loved.” –When She Loved Me, Sarah McLachlan
14. “Just another day to punch the clock. I’d do anything to make it stop. Can’t take it much longer; I just need something stronger.” –Turn it On, Hawk Nelson
15. “So how can you see what your life is worth, or where your value lies? You can never see through the eyes of man. You must look at your life, look at your life through Heaven’s eyes.” –Heaven’s Eyes, Brian Stokes
16. “I will be brave. I will not let anything take away what’s standing in front of me. Every breath, every hour has come to this.” –A Thousand Years, Christina Perri
17. “Well, does he leave a little note to tell you you are on his mind? Send you yellow flowers when the sky is grey? Hey! He’ll find a new way to show you, a little bit every day. That’s how you know, that’s how you know: he’s your love.” –That’s How You Know, Amy Adams
18. “Baby, close your eyes. Don’t open ‘till the morning light. Don’t ever forget we haven’t lost it all yet. All we know for sure is all that we’re fighting for.” –Syndicate, The Fray
19. “If I have to jump, then I’ll jump and I won’t look down. You can cry, you can fight, we can scream and shout. I’ll push and pull until your walls come down and you understand I’m gonna be around ‘cause I’m sticking with you.” –Sticking with You, Addison Road
20. “And I can feel fire in the night. Waiting here, baby, it’s like we’re walking on a wire through the fear. Take my hand. We’ll get there.” –Sooner or Later, Mat Kearney
21. “I try and try to understand the distance in between the love I feel, the things I fear, and every single dream.” –I’ll Try, Jonatha Brook
22. “I can’t sleep tonight, so tell me one more time: When I dream, it will be you that’s on my mind. It’s my heart you hold, so never let it go. I still love you like I loved you long ago.” –Long Ago, Hawk Nelson
23. “All we are, and all we want. Forty years come and gone. All we are in photographs will never be taken.” –Absolute, The Fray
24. “Wrap your arms around me, I know, trying hard not let to go. Every time I stand up I fall without you. When you wrap your arms around me, I know, with me wherever I go. Nothing else matters at all when you’re here.” –Arms Around Me, Hawk Nelson
25. “It’s just one more day. No one said there would be rain again. Won’t blame it on myself. I’ll blame it on the weatherman.” –Blame it on the Weatherman, B-Witched
26. "How much longer will this keep getting stronger? I wonder what she’s doing when I’m singing myself to sleep. ‘Cause he’s a faker, so see you later. I wonder when you’ll realize that she means a lot more to me.” –Definitely Maybe, FM Static
27. “And all this time saying you were fine, and everyone still to blame. Well, there you are, you and your broken heart. It’s written all over your face.” –Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful, Seabird
28. “Storybook endings, fairy tales coming true. Deep down inside, we want to believe they still do. In our secretest heart, it’s our favorite part of the story. Let’s just admit we all want to make it, too.” –Ever Ever After, Carrie Underwood
29. “He was a simple boy; he just liked to have fun. He never wanted to be just like his dad was. He was a dreamer but he had never had none, who made the most of his life but never had one.” –Head On Collision, Hawk Nelson
30. "We used to keep our hearts safe. We kept them safe and locked away, but then we grew up learning that life could serve us in a better way.” –Hearts Safe (A Better Way), Tenth Avenue North
31. “As he begins to raise his voice, you lower yours and grant him one last choice: Drive until you lose the road, or break with the ones you’ve followed. He will do one of two things: He’ll admit to everything, or he’ll say he’s just not the same, and you’ll begin to wonder why you came.” –How to Save a Life, The Fray
32. “All those days chasing down a daydream. All those years living in a blur. All that time never truly seeing things the way they were. Now she’s here, shining in the starlight. Now she’s here, suddenly I know.” –I See the Light, Mandy Moore; Zachary Levi
33. “If only I could be the hero heartthrob in the pictures by her bed. She wants someone who’s perfect, like the stories in her head.” –Imaginary Boys, LeetStreet Boys
34. “So here we go again: the same fight we’re always in. I don’t care, so why pretend? Wake me when your lecture ends.” –It’s Not Me It’s You, Skillet
35. “It’s over. It’s over. Twelve days later, and I can’t start over. I left her. She hates me. We’ve been friends since 1990.” –It’s Over, Hawk Nelson
36. “Look like the boy too shy, ain’t gonna kiss the girl. Ain’t that sad? Ain’t it a shame? Too bad. He’s gonna miss the girl.” –Kiss the Girl, Samuel Wright
37. “I made a mess of me. I wanna get back the rest of me. I’ve made a mess of me. I want to spend the rest of my life alive.”—Mess of Me, Switchfoot
38. “It’s scratching on the walls, in the closet, in the halls. It comes awake, and I can’t control it. Hiding under the bed, in my body, in my head. Why won’t somebody come and save me from this? Make it end.” –Monster, Skillet
39. “On and on we go. Come, love, take my hand. On and on we go, as you run away again. On and on we go, back to where this all began.” –On and On, Tenth Avenue North
40. “Cheer up and dry your damp eyes, and tell me when it rains, and I’ll blend up that rainbow above you, and shoot it through your veins. ‘Cause your heart has a lack of color, and we should have known that we’d grown up sooner or later, ‘cause we wasted all our free time alone.” –Rainbow Veins, Owl City
41. "Turn the lights down low, walk these halls alone. We can feel so far from so close.” –Ships in the Night, Mat Kearney
42. “Gaze into my eyes when the fire starts, and fan the flame so hot, it melts our hearts. Oh, the pouring rain will try to put it out, but not this time.” –Shooting Star, Owl City
43. "We're so close to reaching that famous happy end. Almost believing this one’s not pretend. Let’s go on dreaming, for we know we are so close, so close, and still so far.” –So Close, Jon McLaughlin
44. “If you change your mind, well that’s the way it goes. But I am gonna keep your jeans and your old black hat—‘cause I wanna. They look good on me. You’re never gonna get them back.” –So Yesterday, Hilary Duff
45. “She’s a girl with the best intentions. He’s a man of his own invention. She looked out the window; he walked out the door, but she followed him, and he said, ‘Whatcha looking for?’”—Something that I Want, Grace Potter
46. “Sometimes I don’t want to be better. Sometimes I can’t be put back together. Sometimes I find it hard to believe there’s someone else who could be just as messed up as me.” –Sometimes, Skillet
47. “I’m so sick of it, your attention deficit. Never listen; never listen. I’m so sick of it, so I’ll throw another fit. Never listen; never listen.” –Freak the Freak Out, Victoria Justice
48. “The wind blows colder than before. Foolish me, dreaming that you’re holding me tight.”—Dancing All Alone, Smile.dk
49. “Don’t breathe too deep. Don’t think all day. Dive into work. Drive the other way. That drip of hurts, that pint of shame goes away, just play the game.” –What You Own, Rent
50. “They wanna knock that smile off her face, so she shuts her door, and she writes and dreams. It’s her favorite escape, and she knows it can only get better, so with patience she waits.” –Such a Beautiful Girl, Julianna Hatfield
Posted: 11/16/13 | Deadline: None
Categories: Anime & Manga, Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, Kuroko no Basuke
Characters: Reader, Various, You
Description: 1. Can be any anime/manga
2. Must be reader-insert
3. Any rating
4. Any order
5. At least 100 words per chapter
Bonus Points: If you write about Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic or Kuroko no Basuke
Posted: 01/01/14 | Deadline: None
Categories: Fairy Tail
Description: I’m surprised this hasn’t been thought up of yet. The challenge is to create a ficlet, series of oneshots, or a multi chaptered story featuring Gray Fullbuster and an OC or reader.
1. Must be a GrayxOC or GrayxReader story, preferably no drabbles. Side pairings are allowed, but main pair must be with Gray.
2. There are 75 words listed—select 50 for your “shades”. They do not need to be in order.
3. Lemons and limes are
encouraged allowed, therefore any rating goes.
Note: If you choose to do GrayxReader, please refrain from entering blanks or “Y/N”, etc. where he says your name or talks about appearances.
I will also be participating in the challenge to get things started. I can’t wait to see what you all come up with. Also, be sure to put "Response to 50 Shades of Gray Challenge" somewhere in the description.
Otherwise, no restrictions or deadlines, so have at it!
18. Day Off
5o. Weight of the World
72. Every Single Day
Posted: 03/13/14 | Deadline: None
Description: I've had my own inspiration to write song fics lately and thought hey why not make it into a challenge. Below is a list of songs that I'd like to read but is not limited to. It'd be awesome if you wrote them all but I'm going to set the limit to 5. They can be one-shots, drabbles, ficlets, and etc. whatever seems to fit best with the song. The pairings don't matter to me. They can be whatever you want. Have fun ^_^
1. Chances by Five For Fighting
2. Those Nights by Skillet
3. 4am Forever by LostProphets
4. Boys Don't Matter by Lovesick Radio
5. Remembering Sunday by All Time Low
6. Take Me Home Tonight by Eddie Money
7. My Immortal by Evanescence
8. Defying Gravity from Wicked
9. Waking Up in Vegas by Katy Perry
10. Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis
11. Dear Diary by Britney Spears
12. She's A Lady by Forever The Sickest Kids
13. Still Around by 3OH!3
14. Lost A Lover by Drake Bell
15. On My Way Down by Ryan Cabrera
16. Lover Like Winter by AFI
17. How Could This Happen To Me by Simple Plan
18. Come On Get Higher by Matt Nathanson
19. Coffee Break by Forever The Sickest Kids
20. Savior by Skillet
21. I'd Lie by Taylor Swift
22. Mr. Brightside by The Killers
23. Animals by Nickleback
24. Youth of the Nation by P.O.D.
25. Somehow by Drake Bell
26. I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry
27. I'm In Love With A Stripper by T-Pain
28. Ready, Set, Go by Tokio Hotel
29. Kidnap My Heart by The Click Five
30. I'll Make A Man Out Of You from Mulan
31. Creepy Doll by Jonathan Coulton
32. Livin' La Vida Loca by Ricky Martin
33. Escape by Enrique Iglesias
34. Where Ever You Will Go by The Calling
35. Numb by Linkin Park
36. Punk Rock 101 by Bowling For Soup
37. Stand In The Rain by Superchick
38. 1000 Words by
39. What Hurts The Most by Rascal Flatts
40. Keep Holding On by Avril Lavigne
41. Can't Make You Love Me by Britney Spears
42. Run Around by Jasan Radford
43. Dude (Looks Like A Lady) by Aerosmith
44. Don't Go Knockin' On My Door by Britney Spears
45. For You I Will (Confidence) by Teddy Geiger
46. Come On Over by Christina Aguilera
47. Grand Theft Autumn (Where Is Your Boy) by Fall Out Boy
48. Hold On by Good Charlotte
49. Breaking The Habit by Linkin Park
50. Tattoo by Jordin Sparks
Posted: 11/30/09 | Deadline: None
Categories: Anime & Manga, Gaming, Assassin's Creed, Dragon Age: Origins
Description: Write some( )thing(s) centering around these prompts!
Posted: 10/19/10 | Deadline: None
Categories: Anime & Manga, Books, Cartoons & Comics, Gaming, Movies & TV, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, .hack Series, Inu Yasha, Trigun, Yu-Gi-Oh, Kingdom Hearts, Shaman King, Naruto, Fushigi Yugi, Dragon Ball Series, Final Fantasy 7, Outlaw Star, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Yu Yu Hakusho, Fullmetal Alchemist, Get Backers, BeyBlade, Digimon, Hunter X Hunter, Saiyuki, Fruits Basket, DNAngel, Yu-Gi-Oh GX, One Piece, Bleach, Hellsing, Full Metal Panic, Samurai Champloo, Witch Hunter Robin, Resident Evil, Black Cat, Devil May Cry, Death Note, Prince of Tennis, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Pokemon, D.Gray-Man, Samurai 7, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Absolute Boyfriend, Soul Eater, Rave Master, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Left 4 Dead, Love Monsters, Gintama, Axis Powers Hetalia, Left 4 Dead II, Tenjho Tenge
Characters: Original Character(s), Reader, Various
Description: These are some of the most memorable, bad ass quotes ever said (or at least...sound very cool/amusing depending on the situation), either from books, movies, tv shows and whatnot. Edit: There were a few other well-known quotes from movies that I had on here but I decided to leave them out since there's another challenge that's similar.
1. “At my signal, unleash hell!” -- Maximus, "Gladiator"
2. "Time to nut up, or shut up." -- Tallahassee, "Zombieland"
3. "Remember when I said I would kill you last? ...I lied." -- Matrix, "Commando"
4. “Never take your eyes off of your opponent…even when you bow.” -- Bruce Lee, "Enter the Dragon"
5. “I’ll kill you with my teacup.” -- Riddick, "The Chronicles of Riddick"
6. "Shut up, fool!" -- Mr. T, "World of Warcraft Advert"
7. "What do you say we kill some evil sons of bitches and we raise a little hell?" -- Dean Winchester, "Supernatural"
8. “You seem somewhat familiar; have I threatened you before?” -- Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"
9. "Word of advice? Next time, take the trigger finger." -- Simon, "Flash Forward"
10. "You're making me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry." -- Hulk, "Incredible Hulk"
11. "Why so serious?" -- The Joker, "The Dark Knight"
12. “That’s classified. If I tell you I’ll have to kill you”. -- Lieutenant Pete “Maverick” Mitchell, "Top Gun"
13. "If it bleeds, we can kill it." -- Dutch, "Predator"
14. "Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the limbs you've lost. They belong to me now." -- The Bride, "Kill Bill"
15. “I took the liberty of bullshitting you.” -- Elwood Blues, "The Blues Brothers"
16. "This...is...Sparta!" -- King Leonidas, "300"
17. "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." -- Michael Corleone, "The Godfather: Part III"
18. “I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like victory.” -- Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore, "Apocalypse Now"
19. Do you want to know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all the... little emotions. In... you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way, I know your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?" -- The Joker, "The Dark Knight"
20. "Off with your head!" -- Alice, "Alice In Wonderland (2010)"
21. "Death is only the beginning." -- Imhotep, "The Mummy"
22. "We all go a little mad sometimes." -- Norman Bates, "Psycho"
23. "Go ahead make my day." -- Harry Callahan, "Sudden Impact"
24. "May the force be with you." -- Hans Solo, "Star Wars
25. “I’ll make him an offer he can't refuse.” -- Michael Corleone, "The Godfather"
26. "The night is darkest before the dawn, and trust me, the dawn is coming." -- Harvey Dent, "The Dark Knight"
27. "You shall not pass!" -- Gandalf, "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers"
28. “I’m from the United States of Kiss My Ass.” -- Mike, "House of Games"
29. "Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure." -- Agent Smith, "The Matrix"
30. "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." -- Harvey Dent, "The Dark Knight"
31. "I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?" -- Harry Callahan, "Dirty Harry"
32. “Fasten your seatbelts. It’s going to be a bumpy ride.” -- Margo Channing, "All About Eve"
33. "I pity the fool." -- Mr. T, "Rocky III"
35. "Back off, man. I'm a scientist.” -- Peter Venkmen, "Ghostbusters"
36. "Shaken, not stirred." -- James Bond, "Goldfinger"
37. "Don't you threaten me with a dead fish!"-- Withnail, "Withnail and I"
38. "I'm coming to get you!" -- Rambo, "Rambo: Fist Blood Part II"
39. “I shall call him Squishy. And he shall be mine. And he shall be MY Squishy.” -- Dory, "Finding Nemo"
40. "We'll tear your soul apart!" -- Pinhead, "Hellraiser"
41. “You shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.” -- Mr. White, "Reservoir Dogs"
42. "Swallow this!" -- Ash, "Evil Dead 2"
43. "They will say that I have shed innocent blood. What's blood for, if not for shedding?" -- Candyman, "Candyman"
44. “What is your major malfunction, numbnuts? Didn’t Mommy and Daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?” -- Drill Sergeant Hartman, "Full Metal Jacket"
45. "What's my name?!" -- John Shaft, "Shaft"
46. "Why would I try and cheat you out of anything, now? I need you to get the piece so I can steal it from you later.” -- Lara Croft, "Tomb Raider"
47. "I hate pathetic people. I'll have to kill you." -- Sanjuro Kuwabatake, "Yojimbo"
48. "None of you understand. I’m not locked up in here with you. You’re locked up in here with me." -- Rorschach, "Watchmen"
49. "I'll be back." -- Terminator, "The Terminator"
50. "Simon says, "Die." -- Simon Phoenix, "Demolition Man"
51. "If you come back in here, I am gonna hit you with so many rights you are going to beg for a left." -- Matt Hunter, "Invasion U.S.A."
52. “I don’t know. I’m making this up as I go.” -- Indiana Jones, "Indiana Jones"
53. "Be afraid...be very afraid." -- Ronnie, "The Fly"
54. "Congratulations. You are still alive. Most people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore." -- John, "Saw"
55. "Give my regards to your boss. Tell him he's next." -- Spawn, "Spawn"
You have free reign with this! You can make it a drabble booklet, a ficlet booklet or even a one-shot booklet and have any character saying it or whatever. It can have OCs, be any genre and can be random too. So you don't have to stick with one fandom if you don't want too. Oh, and you don't need to follow the order this is in either.
Posted: 08/07/10 | Deadline: None
Description: There is a really cool book out there called "The worlds shortest stories." It's a good book, I recommend it, but the premise is that you are asked to write a story using ONLY 55 words. It must be a complete story, with characters and plot and such, about anything you want, but no more than 55 words! You can use less, but why waste your precious words?
(If you're interested, I'll put up examples or send them to you.)
OPEN TO ANYONE. But keep it reasonable, please.
Posted: 11/28/09 | Deadline: None
Categories: Anime & Manga, Books, Cartoons & Comics, Gaming, Movies & TV
Description: This is a take off on the live journal community 30 Beverages, but I'm going easy on you! Write a drabble (strictly 100 words!) in your favorite fandom, using your favorite characters (or your not-so-favorite; I don't mind) and each of the following beverages:
4. Fruit Juice;
I figure that most fandoms can handle these six things. Where there's a slash, you can choose one or the other. You can do pairings, whatever you want. The drabble just has to have the drink in it, and must be 100 words.
Who will take Tikatu's challenge? Only the brave....
Posted: 10/07/06 | Deadline: None
Categories: Original Stories, Anime & Manga, Gaming, Legend of Zelda, Tales of the Abyss, Assassin's Creed, Dragon Age: Origins
Characters: Original Character(s), Other, Reader, Various, You
Description: 60 prompts on depression, the struggle and recovery. There are no rules, but please make them about DEPRESSION. I repeat: DEPRESSION.
You can make lemons, or whatever, but IT MUST BE ABOUT DEPRESSION! I don't really recommend making them happy, but you can. If you can, kudos to you, but it must have depression somewhere, sometime, or discussed somehow.
Reader-insert is optional. Have fun!
V. Can’t Concentrate
XIII. Lock In
XX. Shut Up
XXIII. Look Around
XXVII. Lose It
XXXVII. Turn Away
XL. Call back
XLIII. Come back
XLV. Take It
XLVIII. Save Me
LIV. Don’t Worry
LV. Calm Down
LVIII. Look Up
Posted: 11/25/10 | Deadline: None
Categories: Romance, Inu Yasha, Kingdom Hearts, Vampire Knight, Naruto, Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 8, Fullmetal Alchemist, Comedy & Humor, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Characters: Original Character(s), Other, Various
Description: Pick your seven favorite music videos and write a oneshot based off either the song or the music video itself or both. Once the music video is over, you CANNOT repeat it and start over. Once the video is over, so is the oneshot, so write quickly! ^_^
1. As previously stated, once the video ends, you CANNOT go back and restart the video to finish the oneshot. The oneshot must end when the video does.
2. Do not use more than seven videos.
3.Unless the song/video theme has it, please no yaoi/yuri
4.Don't use the same video more than once. No cheating. ^_^
Posted: 07/14/11 | Deadline: None
Categories: Anime & Manga, Bleach
Characters: Original Character(s), Reader, Various, You
Description: First challenge! This is fairly simple.
Only seven songs.
Any song, you can choose yourself.
You can choose any Bleach character you wish.
Try to incorporate the song into the story.
1) I will NOT accept stories that use Justin Bieber. Really. If you want to, try me.
2) Anyone who uses Avenged Sevenfold gets a bonus!
3) I accept smut. But I do not accept yaoi/yuri.
4) Can be any story type: oneshot, drabble, ficlet, etc.
5) State this challenge into your summary so I know who's taking it! :)
6) Have fun~
7) If you have any question, contact me on my e-mail, or find me on the other websites on my profile (Facebook, deviantArt)
Posted: 07/14/11 | Deadline: None
Categories: Anime & Manga, Books, Cartoons & Comics, Gaming, Movies & TV, Miscellaneous
Characters: Original Character(s), Other, Reader, Various, You
Description: As the title reads: 7 Things. It's short, sweet and simple - although I couldn't place these in any of my own prompt categories, so they got their own miscellaneous folder.
 You must show in the summary that you have accepted my challenge, since I'd love to read what you've written.
 It can be any length, as long as it's over one hundred words.
 You can use any pairing you want and OC's as well as Reader Inserts are accepted. Yaoi and Yuri are accepted, also. Genre - romance/smut/crack/angst - does not matter; all of that is all up to you.
 You can use any fandom you like or no fandom at all.
 They do not have to be in order.
 You must do all of them.
Posted: 08/02/13 | Deadline: None
Categories: Original Stories, Anime & Manga, Books, Gaming
Description: Good morning class!
Here are eight simple ways
to get rid of a lazy boyfriend.
1- Leave him like he leaves the dishes
2- Stain him like he stains his shirts
3- Ignore him like he ignores the lawn
4- Make him watch you while you flirt
5- Kick him,bite him, slap him,hit him
6- Tie him up,put him in the trunk
7- Drug him,bug him,slug him,mug him
8- Wash your hands throw him out with the junk
Sweetbox- Ladies Night
Enjoy, have fun!
Posted: 02/17/12 | Deadline: None
Categories: Anime & Manga, Books, Gaming
Characters: Original Character(s), Other, Reader, Various
Description: I found this on someone's profile on FF.Net and I thought now this would make an interesting thing to write about.
It can be OC, Reader-inserts or Canon.
It can be het, yaoi, yuri or gen.
Please say that it is a response to this challenge.
Most importantly enjoy!
1. When you are sad, I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you that way.
2. When you are blue, I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
3. When you smile, I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.
4. When you are scared, I will rag on you about it every chance I get.
5. When you are worried, I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining.
6. When you are confused, I will use little words.
7. When you are sick, stay the heck away from me until you are well. I don't want whatever you have.
8. When you fall, I will point and laugh at your clumsy butt.
Posted: 02/01/11 | Deadline: None
Categories: Original Stories, Anime & Manga, Books, Cartoons & Comics, Gaming, Movies & TV, Miscellaneous
Characters: Reader, Various, You, Original Character(s)
Description: Here’s my challenge, inspired by Lyxari’s fantastic challenge ‘Seven Days’. Basically, I’ve seen a lot of fics all over the net about how bishounens coping with their other halves getting pregnant, though I think a lot of them lose their sense of canon realism for the sake of a happy ending more often than not (e.g. OMG I’m in High School and kind of in the middle of saving the world right now but you’re pregnant! YAY!). I doubt every single bishounen out there would react with the utmost joy at such life changing news and, even if they did, pregnancy is pretty well known for its tendency to go wrong.
The challenge here is that there are four different pregnancies to choose from and not all of them have happy endings. You can pick and choose between the pregnancies or do all of them if you like. The mother can be an OC/reader insert or canon character, I don’t mind, whichever you are most comfortable writing about. You can rename the chapter prompts if you wish, change the order they’re in and there's no deadline etc. Oh, and all fandoms are welcome :D.
Challenge #1 - Normal Pregnancy
1) How it Happened
2) Finding out
3) How you told him
4) Starting to Show
5) Picking Names
7) Making Plans
9) Welcome to the World
Challenge #2 - Miscarriage
1) How it happened
2) Finding out
3) How you told him
4) Starting to show
5) Making plans
7) Hold my hand
8) Early Morning
9) Where do we go from here?
Challenge #3 - Abortion
1) How it happened
2) Finding out
3) How you told him
4) Early Morning
5) Making Plans
6) Hold my hand
7) Gone forever
Challenge #4 - Single Mother
1) How it happened
2) Finding out
3) How you told him
4) Gone forever
7) Picking names
8) What doesn’t kill you
9) Welcome to the World
Posted: 06/07/12 | Deadline: None
Categories: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, One Piece, Samurai Champloo, Death Note, D.Gray-Man, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Fairy Tail, Soul Eater, Kuroshitsuji , Pandora Hearts, Dogs: Bullets & Carnage , Durarara!!, Ao no Exorcist, Karneval, Deadman Wonderland, Kuroko no Basuke, K, Psycho-Pass, Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club
Characters: Original Character(s), Other, Various
Description: F****** Lemon Prompts!!
1. The Bed
2. The Shower (Not the same as Bathtub)
3. The Floor
4. The Counter
5. The Couch
6. The Wall
7. The Kitchen Table
8. The Office Desk
9. Office Chair
10. The Hallway
11. The Piano
12. The Stairs
13. The Bathtub (Not the same as Shower)
14. Against a Door
15. Coffee Table
Own Character, Reader, whatever! But a lemon. It must be a lemon. Goodluck!
Posted: 08/27/13 | Deadline: None
Categories: Kingdom Hearts, Bleach
Characters: Original Character(s), Other, Reader, Various, You, Ichigo, Kon, Roxas, Sora, Ventus
Description: I am just craving for an Ichigo, Ventus, Roxas, Sora, Hichigo story! :) (Kon too, I guess xD)
1. Abderian - Given to incessant or idiotic laughter.
2. Bombilate - To loudly hum or buzz continuously.
3. Cachinnation - Loud or hysterical laughter.
4. Dactylonomy - Counting using one's fingers.
5. Eccedentesiast - One who fakes a smile, as on television.
6. Filipendulous - Suspended by a single thread.
7. Gymnophoria - The sensation that someone is mentally undressing you.
8. Hamartithia - Being likely to make a mistake.
9. Inaniloquent - Speaking foolishly or saying silly things.
10. Jumentous - Smelling like horse urine.
11. Krukolibidinous - The act of staring at someone's crotch.
12. Lalochezia - The use of foul or abusive language to relieve stress or ease pain.
13. Matronolagnia - An attraction to older women, especially ones who have children.
14. Nelipot - Someone who walks without shoes.
15. Oculoplania - Letting one's eyes wander while assessing someone's charms.
16. Philosophunculist - One who pretends to know more than they do to impress others.
17. Qualtagh - The first person you see after leaving your house.
18. Recumbentibus - A knockout blow, either verbal or physical.
19. Sphallolalia - Flirtatious talk that leads nowhere.
20. Tarantism - An urge to overcome melancholy by dancing.
21. Ultracrepidarian - Of one who speaks or offers opinions on matters beyond their knowledge.
22. Vesthibitonism - The flirtatious display of undergarments by a women.
23. Witzelsucht - A feeble attempt at humour.
24. Ximelolagnia - The urge to stare at women who are sitting with crossed legs.
25. Yisel - A hostage.
26. Zoilist - A person who takes joy in finding fault.
The only rules are that you use one (or more) of the guys I listed above annd that you dedicate it to me. C: Other than that, HAVE FUN!
Posted: 08/13/10 | Deadline: None
Categories: Yu Yu Hakusho
Characters: Other, Various
Description: I challenge writers still interested in this fandom to write an enjoyable, believable, and readable story. I don't care what it's about - romance, action, adventure, comedy, angst, general...whatever, I want to read it. I don't care who it involves - canon characters, fan-characters, reader-insert, whatever, I want to read it.
You have to keep the story within three major things: Enjoyable - Readable - and Believable. I don't want to read a fan fiction where Hiei proposes to an American girl and has >9000 spelling and grammar errors - I won't enjoy it, I won't believe it, and I won't even be able to read it.
So here are the rules you must follow/along with some taboos that are forbidden from your story:
1) You must have it beta'd or proofread several times to ensure the quality of your spelling, word choice, and sentence structure. Not only with this be a plus to all your readers but it will save the mods a lot of time and give you a good impression.
2) If you choose to write a romance, whether it's with canon characters, OCs, or a reader-insert, just make sure it's believable and that it makes sense. Don't pair a character with Yomi just because you can - make sure there's a reason for the pairing.
3) Don't butcher the characters in an attempt to make them fit your story/ideals. Keep them as they are meant to be - as Yoshihiro Togashi wrote those characters - they are HIS, after all. For example, don't turn Keiko into an insanely jealous, conniving, vindictive woman for the sake of drama/sympathy for another character. In other words, don't make characters OOC.
4) FOLLOW CANON - I cannot stress this enough. The main characters shouldn't have any surprise siblings/ a new character shouldn't be a Spirit Detective / and limits should be kept within the YYH universe's rules.
List of Taboos:
+ No Western/Non Japanese names - YYH takes place in Japan...stick to Japanese names. Also, research your Japanese names - don't give a character two first names just because it sounds good. There are plenty of name resources available to you via world wide web.
+ Nothing relating to the 2000 era. YYH takes place in the late 80's, early/mid 90's. If your story does take place in the future, remember that the characters will be older as well, unless it's an AU fic.
+ No random insertions of Japanese/Anime specific tropes. Such as sweat drops - frustration marks - huge, biologically impossible blushes - get rid of them. Forever.
+ NO RANDOM JAPANESE ADDED INTO YOUR STORY. You're writing this story in English. Do not add Japanese to an English story unless you are actually going to write in Japanese and provide a reason for it and a translation if it's important. So no 'baka' - no 'chan' - no 'sama' - no 'ningen' - no 'youkai' - no 'onna' - no 'urasai' - JUST. WRITE. IN. ENGLISH.
+ No Kuwabara bashing - I can't believe I have to make this a taboo as it should be general knowledge BUT DON'T BASH KUWABARA. He's not an idiot. He's not purely comedic relief. He's not an insensitive pervert. You don't have to like him or even have him as a part of YOUR fanfiction...but don't act like he's not an important character and a dear friend to others.
+ No Mary-Sues. Please. Develop an interesting character with flaws, believable/relate-able goals and mindsets, and all that jazz. No beautiful, flawless appearances, no super powers that make him/her more powerful than all the characters in the story, no sob-story pasts that try and make you sympathize with the character, no giving them disabilities that don't actually prevent them from doing something...no crap characters allowed. This goes for villains, too.
+ Be UNIQUE/CREATIVE. Don't rewrite the YYH story with your character added in there - don't do the Makai/Dark Tournament all over again - think of things no one else has done before - or if they have, give credit for the idea and try to think of your own spin on that idea.
+ Lemons - I...couldn't care less if a story has an NC-17 scene...but if you do add one...for the love of all that's holy...please only write if you have experience writing adult material. Please be anatomically correct. Don't write a bad smut fic. The penis does NOT go into the clitoris. IT GOES INTO THE VAGINA. A man experiences a refractory period after climax - it's impossible for someone to go on for 'hours' or 'all night'. Period.
Length: Whatever you want - it can be a one shot, drabble, or multi-chapter story...just make sure you can develop your character enough in whatever length you decide to make your writing enjoyable.
Pairings: None required
Rating: Whatever you'd like - no mindless smut, please.
I doubt anyone will respond or is even able to...but if you can...please.
Posted: 09/29/13 | Deadline: None
Categories: Fruits Basket
Description: So, my birthday is coming up in a couple weeks, and I've had a sad and rough time with family. I was thinking the perfect way to cheer me up... A Shigure lemon! Maybe even a two shot, one chapter lemon, the other fluff or lime? *hearts in eyes and big puppy dog pout*
It would mean so much to me and I couldn't even begin to know how to thank you if it does put me in higher spirits! I don't even mind what it's like; comedy, mushy 'aww' stuff, anything!
Thank you very much!
Posted: 06/13/10 | Deadline: None
Categories: Fruits Basket
Description: So as we all know, most girls love those hot Sohmas from Fruba. From Kyonkichi to Momitchi. (Gotta love Shigure's & Aaya's nicknames!) But my favorite bishie is the slightly psychotic, but immensely gorgeous Hatsuharu. There is very little fan fiction, reader insert or not, about him. And with your help, I think we can remedy that. Here's the guidelines..
Must be from 2500 to 10000 wrds. (10000 wrds is optional!)
Haru MUST be the romantic interest
No yaoi is allowed at this time
Oneshots are accepted
Lemons and Limes are DEFINATELY encouraged!
Show both sides of his personality, his bland, laid back side, and his aggressive, slightly psychotic side. Hell, both are hot!
MUST be reader insert. Y/n, e/c, h/l are required. (Your/name, eye/color, hair/length)
Btw, no naming the reader, or giving detailed descriptions allowed. Those really annoy me.
Also, preferable, it's a high school or college fic. Alternate Universe is alright, as long everyone isn't too out of character.
I know it's a lot of guidelines, but hey, its a challenge! Do you accept?
Posted: 11/12/07 | Deadline: None
Categories: Demon Diary
Characters: Reader, You
Description: I completely love the series Demon Diary and Angel Diary (aka Destination Heaven Chronicles). I'm in the process of writing stories for those series but it would be really nice to see some on this site. Doesn't have to be a book of one shots/drabbles but that would be nice too! (:
ANGEL DIARY or DEMON DIARY!
Preferably for Demon Diary ReaderXEclipse, or Raenef or triangles!
Angel Diary: ReaderXEe-Jung, Doh-Hyun, Jin Ryung, or Se-in!
but any is nice!
Posted: 08/22/09 | Deadline: None
Description: Yes! Write a fic for your favorite book, but PLEASE do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT write a twilight fic...they have enough publicity XD
Some good examples are :
The House of Night Series
that's all i got, but you can write about your favorite book :D
(bonus points if it's one of those though ;))
Anything goes, be creative, change up the characters, or kill them off, seriously, go crazy, get creative, get...dirty!
Posted: 11/12/10 | Deadline: None
Categories: Kingdom Hearts, Naruto, Final Fantasy 7, Yu Yu Hakusho, Bleach, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Characters: Axel, Basil, Cloud, Colonello, Deidara, Dino Cavallone, Giotto, Gokudera Hayato, Grimmjow, Hibari Kyoya, Original Character(s), Reno, Riku, Roxas, Sawada Tsunayoshi, Ulquiorra, Vanitas, Ventus, Vincent, Yamamoto Takeshi
Description: RULES AND REQUIREMENTS:
~*~ It must not contain a lemon/lime
~*~ Girl must be unwilling at first- whether she submits later or not is up to you
~*~ You can choose between a drabble or one-shot
~*~ Angst, humour, torture, or just plain fluff- everything is allowed!
~*~ No yaoi, please- no yuri either
~*~ Try to avoid OOC
~*~ Reader-insert or OC only- don't use the female characters from the anime/manga itself
~*~ NO DEADLINES
~*~ The characters are:
~ Bleach: Kurosaki Ichigo, Grimmjow Jeagerjaques, Abarai Renji, Kuchiki Byakuya, Hitsugaya Toushiro
~ Naruto: Uchiha Itachi, Uchiha Sasuke, Akasuna no Sasori, Deidara, Hatake Kakashi
~ Yu Yu Hakusho: Youko Kurama
~ Kingdom Hearts: Roxas, Axel, Riku, Ventus, Vanitas
~ Final Fantasy: Cloud Strife, Vincent Valentine, Reno
~ Katekyo Hitman Reborn: Hibari Kyoya, Yamamoto Takeshi, TYL!Sawada Tsunayoshi, Giotto, Gokudera Hayato, Basilicum, Adult!Colonello, Dino Cavallone
Let you imaginations go WILD, people! ~^^~
Posted: 05/28/10 | Deadline: None
Categories: Marvel Comics
Characters: Reader, Various, You
Description: I recently watched the Marvel's Avengers movie, and it was fantastic. As a result, I've been reading every fanfic I can get my hands on having to do with the four male avengers and Loki. I've, Erm, actually read every avengers fanfic on this site, so I'm issuing a challenge. I'm looking for a good reader insert.
1) The fanfic must be reader insert
2) It must be a pairing of the reader and Thor, Banner, Stark, Barton, or Loki. You could also do Fury or Phil if you like.
3) The reader must be civilian. No special training or powers, please.
4) I must be a oneshot. No drabbles please.
5) It can be whatever type of oneshot you like. It could be rated anywhere from youth to, well, Adult, depending on what you feel like writing. I'll read anything.
6) Please no murder, violent rape, abuse, or malicious torture (inflicting physical pain with the only purpose being to hurt someone, like beating them. I guess this falls under abuse).
7) Kindly provide a short theme, like a couple of words or the title of a song. That'll be either the title or the chapter name, depending on if you do a single oneshot or a series of oneshots.
8) The deadline is Halloween (October 31, 2012).
I'll chose the winners within two weeks after the deadline. There will be one winning author for each character.
Each winning author will be mentioned in the Loki Fanfic I'm working on, and I'll also post a link to their Lunaescence account on my other fanfiction-sharing accounts, such as Quotev.
Alright. Good luck.
IMPORTANT AFTERTHOUGHT: I don't know how Lunaescence let's me know that my challenge has been responded to, so just in case, send me a message letting me know that you've responded and what the title of your piece is. Thanks in advance.
Posted: 06/01/12 | Deadline: None
Characters: Original Character(s), Sasuke
Description: You have the chance to go out with Sasuke on a date, what would y'all do on the date. But the down part of the date is that Sasuke is in one of his worst moods ever, and really doesn't like any part of the date except for the last part of the date, whatever y'all want to do, and then saying good-bye. Have fun.
Posted: Unknown | Deadline: None
Characters: Reader, You, Aburame Clan, Shino
Description: You/an OC is going on a date with Shino Aburame!! AKA. Bug-Man. I get very mad when I can't find any fan-fics with him just because some girls don't like bugs. I personally love bugs. So, don't make it like a date from hell. Make it nice, romantic, funny, cute. Whatever.
1. Do NOT make fun of any of the characters just because you personally do not like them!
2. Have fun with it!
Feel up to the challange?? Good luck!
I'll check back frequently to see who's woman/man enough to accept my challange! ^_~
Posted: 12/23/07 | Deadline: None
Categories: Fruits Basket
Characters: Other, Kisa
Description: Alright, my dear friends. I know you all love writing reader inserts, and so do I. I love to read them, too. But, we need something new! We need an actual pairing story!
I think KisaXHiro is an adorable pairing, so I want you to write a story/one shot/drabble about them at a carnival. I think it would be cute :3
Posted: 01/25/10 | Deadline: None
Categories: Anime & Manga
Description: Alright this challange is a silly test of how well you all know an anime character. (and the brainchild of ALOT of sugar) Choose one anime series any series any at all and choose one character from that series, just make sure its one you know very well. And do what the title says, a day in the life of that characters shoe. Written in first person, or well first shoe, and using the title above as the title of the story. It doesn't need to be elaborate, just a one shot is good, something that the reader will go away saying "wow that was wierd, but damn the author REALLY knows what that character is like or does on a day to day basis." Oh and if the character you want to choose doesn't wear a shoe, improvise!
I'll check back frequently to see if anyone is shoe enough to take my challange!
Enjoy and Happy Writing!
Posted: 01/14/06 | Deadline: None
Categories: Kingdom Hearts, Vampire Knight, Naruto, Fruits Basket, Bleach, Ouran High School Host Club, D.Gray-Man, Code Geass, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Soul Eater, Axis Powers Hetalia, Durarara!!
Description: Ok so not a lot of rules, BUT they are mandatory. Rule #1: No underage sex/rape, Rule #2: You can any person or more (example: RikuxReaderxSora or seperate like Tamaki Suohxreader), and last rule! Just make as many as your little hearts desire! BUT the bishie(s) or the reader must have something in police relations so ALWAYS follow this rule. Now...GO WRITE~!
Posted: 07/16/11 | Deadline: None
Categories: Mortal Kombat
Characters: Original Character(s), You
Description: Pretend your favorite Mortal Kombat character decided to "take you to work" for a day to give you a behind the scenes look at what his/her daily routine is like when he/she isn't saving Earthrealm or trying to destroy it. (Sub-Zero, the younger one, is my favorite character, but you may score Colorado brownie points with me if you write about a different character).
Write a one-shot short story in the 3rd person limited perspective, that person being YOU, that begins with this line:
"We had nothing to say to each other."
Because it IS Mortal Kombat, there needs to be at least one fight scene.
Beyond that, the sky is the limit. Please make it as creative and unique as possible, none of that boring "We had a bowl of cereal together, went to our rooms to change, went to work together, etc." You suddenly have your favorite MK character at your disposal, so what would YOU like to do with him/her?
I don't think I have much in the way of prizes, so the stories I like the best will get a shout out in my stories' author notes as I post them.
Posted: 12/14/12 | Deadline: None
Categories: Axis Powers Hetalia
Characters: Original Character(s), Other, Reader, Various
Description: Woo, first challenge for APH! Anywho, this challenge is based off the Your Hetalia Family meme thingy. my challenge to you is to fill in the information with whatever floats your boat, take the results, and write drabbles! To be helpful I'll write you a list.
3. Sibling #1
4. Sibling #2
6. Best Friend
9. (optional) All Together Now...
10. The Aftermath
And remember, try to keep everyone in-character! Bonus points for excessive violence and pure stupidity. :3
Most importantly, have fun!
EDIT: Aheh, apologies for the link not working. >>; I'm seeing about making one to solve that problem.
Posted: 08/10/09 | Deadline: None
Categories: Supernatural & Horror, Drama & Suspense, Psychological
Description: Okay... So i've been watching a bunch of horror movies and stuff lately with my girlfriend and every single one is just retarded! Same thing a guy comes and kills everyone....
Know what i want is a story that is kind of a horror movie but it has a purpose it's has some background to it. I want it to be realistic, not some friend was sent to pelican bay then breaks out bla,h blah, blah. I wanna make it challenging so 7+ pages. Must have some sort of story he must be able to be killed. He doesn't have to die, just can't be immortal.
Other than that, thats it.
Posted: 06/02/09 | Deadline: None
Categories: Anime & Manga, Gaming, Poetry & Song
Characters: Original Character(s), Other, Reader, Various, You
Description: Straight from the depths of my mind, I present to you this challenge! The challenge is to write a story (from 100-15,000 words. I won't tear you a part if you're a few words under over) using one of the said instruments.
Rules: There's only two. You can breathe now.
1) You cannot present the instrument in something such as a band practice at school. That's too easy.
2) You can, however, have something along the lines of a person playing it on a street corner. I think that's a little harder to put in a story.
Now have fun and get writing!
Posted: 01/13/08 | Deadline: None
Categories: Rurouni Kenshin, Yu-Gi-Oh, Final Fantasy 10, Naruto, Pirates of the Caribbean, Final Fantasy 9, Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 6, Final Fantasy Tactics, Yu Yu Hakusho, Final Fantasy 10-2, BeyBlade, Fruits Basket, DNAngel, Yu-Gi-Oh GX, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Advent Children, Nightmare Before Christmas, Death Note, Danny Phantom, Labyrinth, Final Fantasy 12, Invader Zim, Zoids, Dirge of Cerberus, Musicals, Hairspray, Final Fantasy 4, Twilight Series, The Lost Boys, Martin Mystery
Characters: Reader, Various, You
Description: Ever read a reader insert story where the 'reader' is turned into a complete Mary Sue? Did it ever make you sick to your stomache? Here's your chance to create your own Non Mary Sue reader insert!
The rules are simple.
1. The appearance of the character must ENTIRELY be up to the reader. That means, no names, no looks, the only thing you are allowed to pick and choose is the clothing.
2. They cannot be Mary Sues. The readers are not perfect, obviously, then the reader in the story cannot be either. Give them flaws.
3. For lemons: No PWP. You must have a legit reason for a lemon to take place, and it cannot be stereotypically animalistic, unless the cannon character you are writing for would actually be that way.
4. There cannot be any stories in which the reader has magical ablities or is any cannon character's long lost relative. These are stereotypical, and completely annoying.
5. Grammar must be decent. Chatspeak is not allowed.
6. Romance is not the only genre. You can also have the story be a parody, or a friendship fiction.
7. It goes without saying that it must be a reader insert.
Think you can handle this?
Posted: 09/07/08 | Deadline: None
Categories: Original Stories, Inu Yasha, Weiß Kreuz, Yu-Gi-Oh, Harry Potter, Naruto, Final Fantasy 7, Yu Yu Hakusho, Gundam Wing, Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter X Hunter, Saiyuki, Fruits Basket, One Piece, Bleach, Hellsing, Ranma 1/2, Slayers, Greek Mythology, Devil May Cry, Death Note, Ouran High School Host Club, Fire Emblem, Sacred Stones, Soul Eater, South Park, Kuroshitsuji , Blazing Sword, Super Smash Brothers, Axis Powers Hetalia, Persona 4
Description: Hades, the Greek god of the dead, fell in love with Persephone, the daughter of the goddess of plants and the harvest, Demeter. Knowing Demeter would never willingly allow him to marry her daughter, he waited until Persephone was alone and rose up from the Underworld in his chariot, grabbed her and carried her off to his palace. Demeter was so distraught with her beloved daughter's sudden mysterious disappearance that she neglected her duties, causing the world's plants to wither and die. After much searching, she discovered what Hades had done and begged Zeus to order her daughter's return. Zeus agreed, but only on the condition that Persephone had not eaten any food from the Underworld during her stay. Persephone had been so distraught with her sudden capture that she had refused to eat anything, but just before her release, Hades persuaded her to eat 6 pomegranate seeds from his garden. Zeus then ordered a compromise: Persephone would spend 6 months of each year in the Underworld with Hades (one for each seed), and the other 6 with her mother on Earth. So every year when Persephone went to be with Hades, her mother would again fall into depression and neglect her work, only making the plants florish again when her daughter returned. This is how the ancient Greeks explained the changing seasons.
This is one of my favorite myths, and I've always thought it would be a great basis for a fic! The rules for this challenge are fairly simple. The fic should be at least 6000 words, either in one-shot or multi-chapter format. Reader-insert is preferred, but I will accept OC's too. PLEASE AVOID USING MARY-SUES!!! The myth itself can be either used "as is" or as a backdrop or allegory to your own original story. If using the storyline of the myth, you may alter the time period or the setting for creative purposes if desired. Your story may be comedic or serious in nature (or both). Other than that, be creative and have fun with it!
Posted: 04/10/11 | Deadline: None
Characters: Jirobo, Kidomaru, Kimimaro, Reader, Sakon, Tayuya
Description: Someone please write a Kimimaro/reader fiction. The story should be about this:
There is a fesival near the Sound Village. The reader and Kimimaro go together. Somehow when they go in the haunted house, the ghosts, ghouls, demons, and whatever else you can think of that is normally found in a haunted house comes to life. Must be at least 1200 words.
The story can be up to you, as long as it completes every thing previously stated. No Sakura, either. Unless she gets bashed, preferably by the reader.
Posted: 11/04/08 | Deadline: None
Categories: Anime & Manga, Naruto
Characters: Original Character(s), Other, Reader, Various, You, Akatsuki, Hidan
Description: Idk. It's just as the title says:
A HIDAN LOVE STORY.
I just thought about the akatsuki and have noticed that there is hardly any Hidan love.(Poor Hidan...)
Anywho, when you make one, just have fun, make it true and tell me when you've made one so I can enjoy somethin new.
Characters: just as it says: a OC/or y/n type of character who's in love with Hidan (whenever in the story) Hidan and the Akatsuki. Yes, there can be more characters
Genre and other stuff: I don't mind anything long as it's a romance. :P
Posted: 04/10/10 | Deadline: None
Categories: Yu Yu Hakusho
Is a reader Insert
Inserts are done like this, for your name, (y/n) and last name (l/n). Hair color (h/c) eyes, (e/c). And just for the sake of bulkyness (ex: (pale,tan,dark,etc.)) skin is healthy pale.
Characters are straight
No overpowering reader
Around just entering college age (exp: 18ish)
Going to college to be some sort of animator (could be a movie animator, video game u pick in that career choice)
Is a tall American (5 7"ish) we want a Lil above average but not freaky tall but not average. Tired of the Hiei liking short characters...he can like tall women!
Wants to learn martial arts, at first nothing crazy just enough to defend and not look stupid you guys can choose whether or not to progress it to her getting more interested in it or not. By interested in it to try and become a martial arts master, and you guys can choose the style...
Over 10,000words (tired of seeing those 100word challenges, I'm making you step up and take the 10,000)
Doesn't have a deadline...yet
I have never made a challenge before so tell me what you think of the challenge. I am a sucky writer and this has sorta stayed with me and I want to read a story with this sorta concept but I'm a scatterbrain and can't stay focused. Now I am friends with people who weren't straight I just want in this story for that to be absent.
Posted: 12/15/10 | Deadline: None
Characters: Original Character(s), Other, Reader, Various, You
Description: Your challenge is to celebrate a holiday with your favorite fictional character for every day of the year :)
Ideally, it should be ONE post PER DAY so it can last throughout the year.
You can choose whoever you want from whatever anime/video game/book/etc you want.
You can write drabbles to ficlets, to one-shots :) Whatever you choose to do.
* Most days have more than one holiday, so you can search around for a different holiday, if you wish (ie -- Black Friday on 11/25/11, Devil's Night/Mischief Night on 10/30/11).
* You may make up holidays or replace it with fictional holidays (ie -- Akuroku Day on 9/13/11 or Ultimate Wish Day on 11/11/11).
* Submit the challenge of your story on Lunaescence and have fun :)
1. New Year's Day
2. Run Up A Flagpole And See If Anyone Salutes Day
3. Fruitcake Toss Day
4. World Hypnotism Day
5. National Bird Day
6, Cuddle Up Day
7. I'm Not Going To Take It Anymore Day
8. Bubble Bath Day
9. Play God Day
10. Peculiar People Day
11. Step in a Puddle and Splash Your Friends Day
12. Feast of the Fabulous Wild Men Day
13. Rubber Duckie Day
14. Dress Up Your Pet Day
15. Champion of the Month Day
16. Appreciate a Dragon Day
17. Ditch a New Year's Resolution Day
18. Winnie the Pooh Day
19. International Sing-Out Day
20. Get to Know Your Customers Day
21. Squirrel Appreciation Day
22. Answer Your Cat's Questions Day
23. Measure Your Feet Day
24. Belly Laugh Day
25. Opposite Day
26. Toad Hollow Day of Encouragement Day
27. Thomas Crapper/Toilet Day
28. Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day
29. National Puzzle Day
30. Yodel for Your Neighbors Day
31. Backwards Day
1. Spunky Old Broads Day
2. Groundhog's Day
3. The Day Music Died
4, Thank a Mailman Day
5. Disaster Day
6. Lame Duck Day
7. Wave All Your Fingers At Your Neighbor Day
8. Kite Flying Day
9. Toothache Day
10. Umbrella Day
11. National Shut-In Visitation Day
12. Man Day
13. Get a Different Name Day
14. Valentine's Day
15. Singles Awareness Day
16. Do A Grouch A Favor Day
17. Random Act of Kindness Day
18. Thumb Appreciation Day
19. National Chocolate Mint Day
20. Cherry Pie Day
21. Single Tasking Day
22. Be Humble Day
23. Curling is Cool Day
24. Introduce A Girl to Engineering Day
25. Let's All Eat Right Day
26. For Pete's Sake Day
27. No Brainer Day
28. National Public Sleeping Day
29. (Optional) Leap Year
1. Re-fired, Not Retired Day
2. Dr. Seuss' Birthday/Cat in the Hat Day
3. I Want You To Be Happy Day
4. Courageous Follower Day
5. Multiple Personality Day
6. Fun Facts About Names Day
7. National Be Heard Day
8. Be Nasty Day
9. Panic Day
10. International Day of Awesomeness
11. Worship of Tools Day
12. Plant a Flower Day
13. National Open An Umbrella Indoors Day
14. Pi Day
15. Everything You Think Is Wrong Day
16. Everything You Think Is Right Day
17. Saint Patrick's Day
18. Supreme Sacrifice Day
19. National Chocolate Caramel Day
20. Extraterrestrial Abduction Day
21. Spring Fairy Fun Day
22. As Young As You Feel Day
23. Near Miss Day
24. Kick Butts Day
25. National Waffle Day
26. Make Up Your Own Holiday Day
27. Quirky Country Music Song Title Day
28. Something on a Stick Day
29. Smoke and Mirrors Day
30. The Grass Is Always Browner On The Other Side Of The Fence Day
31. National "She's Funny That Way" Day
1. April Fool's Day
2. Tangible Karma Day
3. Don't Go To Work Unless It's Fun Day
4. Walk Around Things Day
5. One Day Without Shoes
6. Plan Your Epitaph Day
7. No Housework Day
8. All Is Ours Day
9. Name Yourself Day
10. National Siblings Day
11. Big Wind Day
12. D. E. A. R. (Drop Everything And Read) Day
13. Blame Someone Else Day
14. International Moment of Laughter Day
15. Titanic Remembrance Day
16. Wear Your Pajamas To Work Day
17. Blah, Blah, Blah Day
18. National Stress Awareness Day
19. Humorous Day
20. Look-Alike Day
21. National High-Five Day
22. Earth Day
23. Talk Like Shakespeare Day
24. National Puppetry Day
25. East Meets West Day
26. Hug a Friend Day
27. Tell a Story Day
28. Kiss Your Mate Day
29. National Hairball Awareness Day
30. National Honesty Day
1. May Day
2. National Play Your Ukulele Day
3. Paranormal Day
4. Intergalactic Star Wars Day (May the Fourth Be With You)
5. Cinco de Mayo
6. No Pants Day
7. Free Comic Book Day
8. No Socks Day
9. Lost Sock Memorial Day
10. Trust Your Intuition Day
11. Eat What You Want All Day
12. Fatigue Syndrome Day
13. Friday the Thirteenth
14. National Dance Like A Chicken Day
15. Nylon Stockings Day
16. Wear Purple for Peace Day
17. Turn Beauty Inside Out Day
18. Visit Your Relatives Day
19. National Bike To Work Day
20. Be A Millionaire Day
21. I Need An Eye Patch For That Day
22. Buy A Musical Instrument Day
23. Lucky Penny Day
24. Hug Your Cat Day
25. Nerd/Geek Pride Day
26. Backyard Game Day
27. National Wig Out Day
28. Morning Radio Day
29. Honor Your Ancestors Day
30. Memorial Day
31. World No Tobacco Day
1. Heimlich Maneuver Day
2. Dare Day
3. Repeat Day
4. Do-Dah Day (Salute to Silliness)
5. Hot Air Balloon Day
6. Drive-In Movie Day
7. National Chocolate Ice Cream Day
8. Name Your Poison Day
9. Best Friend Day
10. Ball Point Pen Day
11. National Hug Holiday
12. Red Rose Day
13. Kitchen Klutzes of America Day
14. Flag Day
15. Smile Power Day
16. National Hollering Contest Day
17. Eat Your Vegetables Day
18. National Splurge Day
19. World Sauntering Day
20. Motorcycle to Work Day
21. Go Skate Day
22. Stupid Guy Thing Day
23. National Pink Day
24. Take Your Dog to Work Day
25. Log Cabin Day
26. Forgiveness Day
27. Sunglasses Day
28. Handshake Day
29. Camera Day
30. Meteor Day
1. Canada Day
2. I Forgot Day
3. Compliment Your Mirror Day
4. Fourth of July
5. Workaholics Day
6. Bikini Day
7. Chocolate Day
8. Video Games Day
9. Sugar Cookie Day
10. Teddy Bear Picnic Day
11. Cheer Up the Lonely Day
12. Swimming Pool Day
13. Gruntled Worker's Day
14. National Nude Day
15. Be A Dork Day
16. Hot Dog Night
17. Wrong Way Day
18. National Get Out of the Doghouse Day
19. Stick Out Your Tongue Day
20. Moon Day
21. National Tug-of-War Tournament Day
22. Hammock Day
23. National Day of the Cowboy
24. Tell An Old Joke Day
25. Carousel/Merry-Go-Round Day
26. All Or Nothing Day
27. Walk on Stilts Day
28. National Chocolate Milk Day
29. National Talk in an Elevator Day
30. Comedy Day
31. Harry Potter/Wizard Day
1. Girlfriend's Day
2. National Night Out
3. National Watermelon Day
4. National Chocolate Chip Day
5. International Beer Day
6. Wiggle Your Toes Day
7. Particularly Preposterous Packaging Day
8. Sneak Some Zucchini On Your Neighbor's Porch Day
9. National Hand-Holding Day
10. Lazy Day
11. Annual Medical Check-Up Day
12. International Youth Day
13. International Left Hander's Day
14. Victory Day
15. Failure's Day
16. Tell a Joke Day
17. National Thrift Shop Day
18. Bad Poetry Day
19. Sandcastle and Sculpture Day
20. Summer Cool-Off/Lemonade Day
21. Poet's Day
22. Be An Angel Day
23. Ride the Wind Day
24. Shooting Star Day
25. Kiss and Make Up Day
26. Lucky You/Make Your Own Luck Day
27. Just Because Day
28. Race Your Mouse Around The Icons Day
29. More Herbs, Less Salt Day
30. National Toasted Marshmallow Day
1. No Rhyme (Nor Reason) Day
2. National Beheading Day
3. Uncle Sam's Birthday
4. Eat an Extra Dessert Day
5. Be Late for Something Day
6. Do It!/Fight Procrastination Day
7. "Neither Rain nor Snow" Day
8. International Literacy Day
9. Wonderful Weirdoes Day
10. Swap Ideas Day
11. No News Is Good News Day
12. National Chocolate Milkshake Day
13. Defy Superstition Day
14. National Cream-Filled Donut Day
15. National Thank-You Day
16. Wrinkled Raincoat Day
17. International Eat an Apple Day
18. Respect Day
19. International Talk Like A Pirate Day
20.National Punch Day
21. International Peace Day
22. Elephant Appreciation Day
23. Checkers Day
24. National Bluebird of Happiness Day
25. One-Hit Wonder Day
26. Family/Eat With Your Kids Day
27. Crush a Can Day
28. Ask A Stupid Question Day
29. Confucius/Fortune Cookie Day
30. National Mud Pack Day
1. International Frugal Fun Day
2. Name Your Car Day
3. Techies/Virus Appreciation Day
4. Toot Your Own Flute
5. Do Something Nice Day
6. "Come and Take It" Day
7. World Smile Day
8. American Touch-Tag Day
9. Moldy Cheese Day
10. World Mental Health Day
11. National Coming Out Day
12. International Moment of Frustration Scream Day
13. Skeptics Day
14. Bald is Beautiful/Bald and Free Day
15. Sweetest Day
16. Dictionary Day
17. Wear Something Gaudy Day
18. No Beard/World Menopause Day
19. Evaluate Your Life Day
20. Information Overload Day
21. Babbling Day
22. Make a Difference Day
23. TV Talk Host Day
24. Naional Bologna Day
25. Sourest Day
26. Horseless Carriage Day
27. Cranky Co-Workers' Day
28. Frankenstein Friday
29. Interne Day
30. Haunted Refrigerator Day
1. Men Make Dinner Day
2. Look for Circles Day
3. Cliché Day
4. Use Your Common Sense Day
5. Guy Fawkes Day (Bonfire & Fireworks Night)
6. Marooned Without A Compass Day
7. Hug a Bear Day
8. Cook Something Bold And Pungent/Try A New Recipe Day
9. Chaos Never Dies Day
10. Forget-Me-Not Day
11. Remembrance Day (Canada)
12. Chicken Soup For The Soul Day
13. International Tongue Twister Day
14. Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day
15. I Love to Write Day
16. Button Day
17. Take a Hike Day
18. Push-Button Phone Day
19. "Have A Bad Day" Day
20. Absurdity/Beautiful Day
21. World Hello Day
22. False Confession Day
23. Tie One On Day
25. Your Welcome Day
26. Buy Nothing Day
27. National Day of Listening
28. Make Your Own Head Day
29. Throw Out the Leftovers Day
30. Play Hooky/Stay At Home Because You're Well Day
1. Day With(out) Art
2. Science Fiction Day
3. Roof Over Your Head Day
4. Santa's List Day
5. Bathtub Fun/Bathtub Party Day
6. Put On Your Own Shoes Day
7. National Cotton Candy Day
8. Take It In The Ear Day
9. Christmas Card Day
10. Human Rights Day
11. International Mountain Day
12. Gingerbread House Day
13. Hot Cocoa Day
14. Monkey Day
15. Cat Herders Day
16. National Chocolate-Covered Anything Day
17. Saturnalia (Roman holiday where social classes switch roles)
18. Bake Cookies Day
19. Look for an Evergreen Day
20. Go Caroling Day
21. Humbug/Don't Be A Scrooge Day
22. National Haiku Poetry Day
23. A'phabet/No "L" Day
24. Christmas Eve
25. Christmas Day
26. National Whiner's Day
27. Make Cut-Out Snowflakes Day
28. National Chocolate Day (28th & 29th)
29. Tick Tock Day
30. Falling Needles Family Fest Day
31. New Year's Eve
Posted: 12/07/10 | Deadline: None