"A Good Reader Insert"
by Queen Tangerine
Categories: Rurouni Kenshin
, Final Fantasy 10
, Pirates of the Caribbean
, Final Fantasy 9
, Final Fantasy 7
, Final Fantasy 6
, Final Fantasy Tactics
, Yu Yu Hakusho
, Final Fantasy 10-2
, Fruits Basket
, Yu-Gi-Oh GX
, Avatar: The Last Airbender
, Advent Children
, Nightmare Before Christmas
, Death Note
, Danny Phantom
, Final Fantasy 12
, Invader Zim
, Dirge of Cerberus
, Final Fantasy 4
, Twilight Series
, The Lost Boys
, Martin Mystery
Reader, Various, You
Ever read a reader insert story where the 'reader' is turned into a complete Mary Sue? Did it ever make you sick to your stomache? Here's your chance to create your own Non Mary Sue reader insert!
The rules are simple.
1. The appearance of the character must ENTIRELY be up to the reader. That means, no names, no looks, the only thing you are allowed to pick and choose is the clothing.
2. They cannot be Mary Sues. The readers are not perfect, obviously, then the reader in the story cannot be either. Give them flaws.
3. For lemons: No PWP. You must have a legit reason for a lemon to take place, and it cannot be stereotypically animalistic, unless the cannon character you are writing for would actually be that way.
4. There cannot be any stories in which the reader has magical ablities or is any cannon character's long lost relative. These are stereotypical, and completely annoying.
5. Grammar must be decent. Chatspeak is not allowed.
6. Romance is not the only genre. You can also have the story be a parody, or a friendship fiction.
7. It goes without saying that it must be a reader insert.
Think you can handle this?
Posted: 09/07/08 | Deadline: None
Adult | Warnings:
Adult Situations, Angst, Drug References, Erotica, Explicit Material, Fluff, Mature Content, Rape, Sexual dialogue, Sexual Situations, Spoilers, Strong Language, Suicide, Torture, Violence
L, Original Character(s), Reader, Watari, You
Angst, Drama, Family, Fluff, General, Occult, Psychological, Romance | Story Types:
Reader Insert, Song-Fic
10 chapter(s) / 25026 words | Complete:
Summary: ~COMPLETE!~ What if you and L were a couple? What if he really, truly had feelings for you? What if he didnít know how to express them? What ifÖ You got depressed? L must find a way to cure you of that lonely ache before it consumes you, but can he? He may be the best detective in the world but when it comes to social skills he's far behind. Maybe if he learns fast enough he can save you from yourself.
Published: 07/19/08 | Updated: 08/12/08
|Ouran High School Host Club
13+ | Warnings:
Crackfic, Fluff, Mild Adult Situations, Silliness
Haruhi, Hikaru, Hunny, Kaoru, Kyoya, Mori, Reader, Renge, Tamaki, You
Comedy, Fluff, General, Lime, Other, Satire | Story Types:
Drabble, Ficlet, General, Other, Parody, Reader Insert, Song-Fic
4 chapter(s) / 4052 words | Complete:
Summary: Because seriously, there's a different target market for this type of thing.
Cell Block Tango Song-Fic Parody
Now in response to A Good Reader Insert challenge by QueenTangerine.
Published: 10/24/08 | Updated: 02/26/14
|Yu Yu Hakusho
13+ | Warnings:
Original Character(s), Reader, You
Action, Adventure, Romance | Story Types:
Original FanFiction, Reader Insert
25 chapter(s) / 81231 words | Complete:
Summary: A girl has washed ashore next to Genkai's estate a few years after the happenings of the YYH's last saga. She recalls nothing of her name, her past, her memories-- she has forgotten everything. Who is she? You, of course. Only, she doesn't know that. [Reader X Kurama/Hiei/Jin.]
Published: 09/09/08 | Updated: 01/29/12