"Given First Line" by Cousin_of_a_Serial_Killer
Categories: No category
Description: There comes a time in every serial killer's life where they steal a challenge from the book What If?: Writing Exercises for Fiction Writers. Heh... I thought it looked really fun, so I'm sharing it with the rest of you.
Here's how it goes:
You have to write a story that begins with the line "Where were you last night?" But if you don't want to use this line, ask a friend/neighbor/sibling/parent/God/whoever to give you a sentence, and start your story with that. If you choose to use "Where were you last night?" don't get hung up on making it a line of dialogue! I mean, you can, but you don't have to. It can be used in a bunch of ways, so get creative!
- Should probably be over 100 words.
- OCs and reader-inserts are allowed.
- Any pairing. Canon x canon, canon x reader, canon x OC, OC x OC, OC x reader, anything else.
- Pairings aren't required. You could do no pairings if you want.
- Any fandom. Can be an original story, too.
- Yaoi and yuri are allowed.
- Any rating.
- Any genre.
(Now you see why I scratched out rules, right? There aren't really any... besides the first line thing. And you don't even have to use the one I gave you, so PFFT.)
OH, WAIT. There is a rule. Just one. Please write in your summary that your story is a response to this challenge so that I can find it. Thanks. vuv
Have at it, friends!
Posted: 07/01/13 | Deadline: None