Paypal temporarily disabled
"A Novel Outline" by Straw
Categories: No category
Description: Hello, denizens of the Lunaescence challenge forum! Are you tired of challenges that require drabbles and/or collections of some kind? Do you want to write an actual story from beginning to end, with chapters and everything? Then I have a challenge for you!
So what do you do?
1. Pick a bookóany book.
2. Open your book up to the table of contents.
3. Use the chapter titles as chapter titles for your own fan fiction.
1. Make sure your fan fiction fandom and the book are dissimilar enough to make things interesting.
Good: An Avengers fan fiction using the chapter titles from The Golden Compass.
Bad: A House of Night fan fiction using the chapter titles from Twilight.
Now obviously, I canít stop you from doing this, but I think in the latter case it would be tempting to just write Twilight with House of Night characters.
2. No crossovers.
Donít write a Katekyo Hitman Reborn! fan fiction using Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire chapters while using both fandoms and/or settings. The point is to write something of your own while using these chapter titles as inspiration not basis for a story.
3. No AUs.
This is fairly similar to Catch #2, but it still needs to be said. Your story must be set in the fandom of the story you are writingís world, not the story of the book. For example, if you chose to write an Avengers fan fiction based on chapter titles from The Golden Compass, nobody should have daemons.
Any Other Rules?
1. Make sure not to copy the plot of novel you are working with, or what happens in a given chapter. Give things your own spin.
2. Still, make sure the chapter titles actually make sense with what happens in the chapter. It doesnít have to fit perfectly, but it should make sense if the reader gives it some thought.
3. No skipping chapter titles. You must use every single one in your selected book.
4. No adding chapters. If you want a longer fan fiction, pick a longer book.
5. HOWEVER, this does not apply to prologues or epilogues. You may add these where there are none, or ignore them in books that have them.
6. You may use a manga for the chapter titles source, but only if the manga is completely finished. This is because you need to use every chapter.
7. You donít have to give your fan fiction the same title as the book you are using as a chapter title source.
8. Make sure to give credit to your selected book in the authorís note of your first chapter.
9. Any sort of pairing goes. By that, I mean you can do heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, asexual, or any other type sexuality you wish.
10. You may use canon characters, reader characters, OCs, or any combination that you like.
11. You may use any point of view you prefer.
12. You may use any fandom you wantómovies, anime, television, books, whatever you want!
13. You work has to be a story. No collections.
I think thatís it. If I havenít been very clear, please feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have! My e-mail can be found on my profile.
Thereís no deadlineóand do try to have fun!
Posted: 04/09/13 | Deadline: None